Interested in hosting one of our events? Here are some tips.
Hosting a meeting or event is a great way to allow members of the business community to see your facility and what you do.
You, the host
- Expect 30-50 attendees
- The host is encouraged to set up a display table showcasing their business.
- Provide your business logo and any promotional information to the Greater Portage Chamber of Commerce for promotion.
- Provide food and beverage. The Greater Portage Chamber of Commerce would be happy to recommend caterers (cash bar recommended)
- Designate a person from your company to be present during announcements, to be introduced, and to welcome guests.
- Provide nametags to guests.
Us, the Greater Portage Chamber of Commerce
- Provide the opportunity to member businesses to showcase their facility and products to the business community
- Promote the event and name of host in e-newsletters, social media, verbal promotion at Chamber events, and calendars.
- Provides Chamber greeters.
- Provides a list of attendees within one week of event.
Member of the Week
Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies
Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies are a time of celebration for a company. This is the public ceremony to inaugurate the opening of a business. During the ceremony the business owner will typically say a few words and the Greater Portage Chamber of Commerce will also take this opportunity to welcome the business to the community.
MidWeek Mingles are casual networking opportunities held on the 4th Wednesday of the month. These events are primarily located at Chamber Member restaurants.
33rd Annual Spring Swing
June 17, 2016 held at Robbinhurst Golf Course
Join us in welcoming new and expanding businesses at the ceremonial breaking of ground to formally begin their construction.
Luncheons are open to members and non-members. The Chamber provides a guest speaker at the luncheons as well as an opportunity for you as a new member to share with the crowd a 3 minute presentation of your business. At all other luncheons, you will be able to participate in 30 Seconds of Fame. This is an opportunity for you to share an event or promotion. Luncheons are a great way to network with other businesses in the community.
Portage Community & Business Night 2016
Portage Community & Business Night is one of the largest events in Portage. Showcase your business to over 850 residents of the local community as well as network with over 100 different area businesses.